Proper Attire for Holy Mass
Out of respect for Our Lord Jesus Christ Who lives in the tabernacle day and night, and to assist your fellow worshippers in “fighting the good fight” for the difficult virtue of Holy Purity, we ask that you enter the Church dressed modestly and in a manner fitting for the House of God.
• Shoulders and upper arms should be covered (men and women)
• Necklines should be modest (The last guidelines published by the Vatican stated that necklines should not be cut lower than a 2-finger width below the pit of the throat)
• Skirts should fall below the knee when seated
• Clothes should not be “tight-fitting” or transparent
• Shorts or tank tops are never appropriate in Church